Information We Collect
Physicians located in the United States may collect information from their patients and may share this information with Androvia for the purpose of Androvia providing laboratory testing services (the Services) to the patient. Androvia also collects information when you visit our website and when you choose to provide information through the website. The types of information we may collect include:
- Contact information (e.g., name, postal address, email address, phone number);
- Demographic information (e.g., age, date of birth);
- Medical and family history (e.g., previous test results);
- Lifestyle information (e.g., smoking and drug use);
- Professional information (e.g., medical license number);
- Payment information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date, billing address);
- Username and password.
In addition, when you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we obtain in this manner includes: IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, referring URLs, geographic location, information on actions taken on our website, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
Collection and Use of Samples
Your healthcare provider will facilitate the collection of a semen sample, either in the provider’s office or using a sample collection kit in your home. The sample and your information will be provided to Androvia for the purpose of providing the Services. Androvia will store your test results and related data as required by applicable laws, regulations, and College of American Pathologists (“CAP”) accreditation standards. Samples and test related data may be used or stored for regulatory compliance or healthcare operations, and de-identified for internal quality control, validation studies, and internal research and development purposes.
When We May Share Information
To provide the Services:
- We may disclose your information to others involved in your care, including your healthcare providers, the health system or clinic where your provider practices, and other providers that you or your healthcare provider designated to receive your information. We may contact your healthcare provider to obtain additional information about the Service we provided.
- We may disclose your information to bill and collect payment for the Services from you, your health insurance, or other responsible third parties. We may also engage third parties to assist us with these billing and collection efforts.
- We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., analytics, payment processing, hosting, transmission of test results). We limit the information we share with these service providers to that which is minimally necessary for them to perform their services for us, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
For research, development, and analytics:
- We may use your de-identified information and results in our research. We may engage in research with third parties like universities, hospitals, health systems, government institutions, or private companies to develop new tests, validate technologies, or improve existing technologies or processes. You can opt out of such third party research by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you have consented in the past and later opt out, Androvia cannot retract your de-identified information, and/or results from research already performed.
- We may author publications using de-identified information, either on our own or in collaboration with academic or commercial third parties.
- We may share aggregated, de-identified information (for example, aggregated trends about the general use of our Services) publicly and with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners. This information will not include medical information.
For security, legal, or other purposes:
- We may disclose your information if we believe in good faith that doing so is appropriate or necessary in order to address fraud, security, or technical issues, or protect against harm to us or others to the extent required or permitted by law.
- We may disclose your information to comply with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations, as well as law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena.
- We may disclose information when you authorize us to do so.
- Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
How We Protect Your Information
Androvia takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Androvia implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information. Androvia personnel may access and use information only if they are authorized to do so and only for the purpose for which they are authorized.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. You agree that Androvia is not liable for the unauthorized release of your information unless such release was the result of gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Androvia.
Androvia complies with the applicable requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (“HIPAA”) to maintain the privacy and security of your information. If a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of information, we intend to comply with all federal and state reporting requirements.
Information and Sample Retention
We are subject to multiple laws on the retention of information and will retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to comply with our business and legal obligations and to meet regulatory and compliance requirements. Androvia will retain semen samples in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and CAP accreditation standards.
You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the features and functionality of our website and Services. You can review and change your information by sending an e-mail to email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may also ask us to deactivate your account. If you chose to deactivate your account, you will be unsubscribed from all emails and we will not provide you with the Services going forward. Although we can remove your information from our active databases, some or all information from deactivated accounts will remain in our inactive database for compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements. Information that has been de-identified, anonymized, aggregated, published, and/or shared with third parties prior to an account deactivation request may not be retrievable or traced back for destruction, deletion, or amendment.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your information and convenience. These websites may be maintained by third parties over whom Androvia has no control. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Age and Geographic Restriction
Our website and Services are intended for individuals who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States of America. Androvia makes no representations that our website or Services are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you are a resident of another country, or are accessing the website from outside of the United States, please note that you are transferring data to the United States of America which does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union and other regions.
Questions and Comments
Androvia is committed to resolving questions and comments about your privacy and our collection and use of your information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.